9.26.2011

The First Post

I was inspired to blog, because I have a lot to say and this seemed to be a good avenue for expression. The title of my blog stemmed from a favorite song of mine entitled "Through Smoke" by Needtobreathe. 


I was born in a house in a town just like your own
I was raised to believe in the power of the unknown
When the answers and the truth have cut their ties
Will you still find me?
Will you still see me through smoke?

Basically, when I hear this song I think of all the broken spirited. People grow up thinking they have it all together, that their faith is the truth, the answer. But what if they're all wrong? What if the muslims, the devoted Catholic preist, the monk, what if their answer to faith is different from my own. Can we all be right? There is a truth, a way, a life, and my God tells me that we find that in the blood and grace of Jesus Christ. So I just ask, when your way, your truth, and your life come up short will you still be able to see me? Can I still help the broken in spirit after they realize their purpose for life has erupted? Will I still be able to see them through smoke? The answer is yes. Because my God is greater. 

No comments:

Post a Comment